Newport Beach High Asset Divorce Lawyers
Experienced Legal Representation for High Net Worth Divorces in California
Any divorce will present certain complications, but those involving significant assets and high net worth individuals can be particularly difficult. Representing entrepreneurs, executives, professional athletes, entertainers, and the spouses of these individuals, we at Thomas Law Offices are highly experienced with high asset divorces. We know how to effectively deal with the multitude of issues that will arise, and we know how to protect your assets and standard of living.
Protect your financial security now and into the future with the right lawyer in your corner. Contact Thomas Law Offices today at (949) 799-3357.
Prepared to Help in Many Areas of CA High Asset Divorce
Our Newport Beach high net worth divorce lawyers are experienced in:
- Asset identification - Identifying hidden assets.
- Property and business valuation - Required for determining equitable distrubution in divorce.
- Determining marital versus separate property - Identifying property and assets acquired before and during the marriage.
- Equitable division of debt, property, and assets - Ensuring you walk away from your divorce with a fair and equitable amout of assets, property and division of debt.
- Determining the standard of living established during the marriage - Necessary for determining spousal support and alimony.
- Establishing spousal support and/or child support - Representing you and your child's best interests moving forward after your divorce.
- Transferring assets and property - Assisting in the process of transferring assets and property in an equitable and fair manner.
Equitable Division of Property in a High Asset Divorce
Property division will be one of the most challenging issues in a high asset divorce. In California, marital property is subject to “equitable” distribution between divorcing spouses. This does not necessarily mean a 50/50 split. It means an equal and fair division of property.
As skilled Newport Beach high asset divorce attorneys with experience specifically in high asset cases, we know how to first determine what property should be considered “separate” and what property should be considered “marital.” Marital property will be subject to division.
A number of factors will be involved in first determining marital versus separate property and then evaluating marital property so it can be divided. Our Newport Beach high asset divorce attorneys use our experience and resources to protect our clients’ interests in these crucial proceedings.
What Types of Assets & Property Can be Considered Marital Property?
- Local and international bank accounts
- Pension plans and retirement benefits
- Intellectual property
- Business valuation
- Real estate
- Vacation properties
- Cars, planes, boats, and other vehicles
- Art collections
- Trust funds
Find out exactly how your property will be affected, what spousal support you may be required to pay or entitled to receive, and every other factor related to your divorce. Call (949) 799-3357 today.
Visit OurNewport Beach Office
Visit OurWoodland Hills, CA Office